This is totally your sign… to apply for a new role that’s been created within She's Lost Control.
RETAIL + COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
This is an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic and cosmically talented team at She’s Lost Control as our Retail + Communications Assistant. It is such an important role in the business – representing the brand, ensuring our core values are communicated and offering the highest level of customer and community engagement both in person (at Broadway Market and Valentine Road), and in the digital realms. It’s a varied role incorporating digital marketing, customer relations and retail support.
This position will be based mainly at our shopping sanctuary, on Hackney’s bustling hangout Broadway Market and you will also support on projects from our Valentine Road space in Homerton. It’s an exciting time to join the brand and our growing team, and a great opportunity for someone wishing to embark on a career in the world of wellness and sustainable retail.
‘We are She’s Lost Control, East London’s conscious crystal dealers. A leading cult brand in the alternative wellness scene since our journey began in back 2014. Originally a passion project, SLC has now organically evolved into a thriving community and vibrant sustainable lifestyle brand, providing unique and accessible tools and experiences for like-minded modern soul seekers. We offer a platform for our incredible community of practitioners, healers and independent brands, collaborate with our favourite high-end luxury brands, and curate bespoke experiences for large scale events and clients. Globally, SLC is leading the dialogue for responsibly mined crystals in the wellness industry, which contributes to our core value that everything we do must have meaning and purpose.’
We are looking for someone who is passionate about joining us on this journey, growing our presence through digital marketing. Although the business has grown over the last few years, it's still a small fun indie brand where everyone has a voice and creative input is valued from all.
* Supporting the Retail Manager at our Broadway Market store with all shop related duties. This includes (but is not exclusive to) working on the shop floor, inventory management, store Visual Merchandising, back of house admin on Shopify and the SLC customer service inbox.
* To be an enthusiastic SLC ambassador by offering the highest level of customer/client service, engaging with our community and creating a great environment for customers and clients (both in person and through digital channels).
* Innovatively capture and create content within the brand to drive sales and increase awareness – across social media, newsletters, and the website – in line with our social media strategy. This includes keeping on top of social, local, micro and macro trends.
Increase sales through the management and promotion of our Facebook, Instagram and TikTok Stores. We are looking for someone who can bring new ideas to the table in relation to marketing initiatives and campaigns.
*Create bi-weekly newsletters in line with the marketing calendar and business requirements.
* To work closely with all areas of the business to ensure that the marketing calendar is kept up to date and that all key dates and activations are planned out effectively.
* To ensure all orders across our various shops are fulfilled and sent out in a timely manner.
* To support across other areas of the business when required including event set up and external brand activations.
* A willingness to learn and partake in trainings and keep yourself and customers educated on our brand and product offering
* Store systems competent this will include including administration, in store scheduling software, point of sale transactions and stock control. Experience with Shopify is preferable.
* Previous experience working within social media, marketing and retail. Proven experience of growing a digital brand.
* Systems competent. This will include but not exclusive to Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter and Mailchimp or comparable CRM software. Excel and Adobe experience is compulsory. Shopify and Canva experience are preferable.
* Friendly, confident and upbeat personality, excellent copywriting and conversation skills.
* People focused with a keen interest in the alternative wellness community, cultural trends, and SLC’s brand ethos.
* Passionate about crystals, alternative wellness and sustainable living.
* Adaptable and open to new challenges, with an ability to think on their feet, creatively problem-solve and innovate within our small team.
* Work in a friendly, collaborative manner, with excellent communication, self-leadership and organisational skills.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, this is a 5 day (40 hour) contract Sunday – Thursday with occasional Saturday and evening work requirements.
Full Time Contract (40 hours) Holiday Allowance
20% SLC Discount
An opportunity to grow with the business as it enters a new chapter. Due to the nature of SLC, every day is different and there is an opportunity to learn new skills within the diverse business.
If this job role lights you up and you fit the criteria, then we’d love to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV. Please reference Retail + Communications Assistant in the email subject.
Join our Newsletter
Read up on our latest news, events and exclusive offers.